Friday, August 3, 2007

Lest we forget...

I would like to take a moment to thank Texas State Rep. Debbie Riddle, for her role in putting God back into the Texas pledge of allegiance (via LVB and the Houston Chronicle):
State Rep. Debbie Riddle, who sponsored the bill, said it had always bothered her that God was omitted in the state’s pledge.

“Personally, I felt like the Texas pledge had a big old hole in it, and it occurred to me, ‘You know what? We need to fix that,’ ” said Riddle, R-Tomball. “Our Texas pledge is perfectly OK like it is with the exception of acknowledging that just as we are one nation under God, we are one state under God as well.”
Whew! I'm glad we got that cleared up. I suppose now all the children can just pray for school funding, and the Legislature can take a break.

No comments: